Wednesday 27 January 2016

Some application GIF`s (almost movie :-) )

I have been asked for video demonstrations instead of pictures when it comes to applications, but I have opted for pictures because with them I can use and reuse for different publications. Since I also contribute to various other formats (most noteably Totally TKD Magazine) it is only natural that most of the demonstrations are in picture and text format only. Messing around on blogger the other day I noticed that my phone and blogger had made various GIF`s of several application photos and I decided to share them and not let them go to waste. Since the applications have been thouroughly explained before on this blog I will not go into great detail here, only short explanations along with the gifs.

First GIF you can see below is from my latest blogpost were I demonstrate a back fist strike as a way to recover from a failed punch. I grab his blocking arm and pull him onto the backfist strike. The other half of the gif is an application for the "Karate Chamber" knife hand guarding Block where I do an inward parry of a straight punch and spearhand his armpit. I then trap his arm and pull him onto a knife hand strike to the neck.






Below you will see a demonstration from Taebaek Poomsae. I demonstrate how you can punch middle or high section (but middle section takes shorter time to apply like this though), I then strike his elbow with mine and side kick him low with my front foot as I deliver a forearm smash which I flow into an elbow strike as I secure his head. 



Below you will see a similar demonstration but this time from Taegeuk Oh Jang. Her I do a "parry pass entry" against a straight punch (I parry it inward and pass to the other arm), I bear paw strike him, and knee him in his front leg, I then flow into a forearm smash and attack his back leg with the side kick and then finish with an elbow strike to the head.



I realize these are not videos but they are actually not that bad (not on my computer at least). I do hope you enjoy. I have some more in the same manner as these but different applications. If this is something you want to see more of please let me know and I will post them in the near future:-)

I hope to provide much more video content to this blog in the future. I have therefore set up a GoFundMe page on www.gofundme.com/traditionaltaekwondoramblings which I hope I can crowdfund a video editing software so I can make good quality videos for the blogs readers. If you want to contribute please visit the link to my GoFundMe page. Every donation helps :-)


3 comments:

  1. Really cool - good job! (as usual)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here!
    black belt

    ReplyDelete